Vilnius, Lithuania, 9-11 July 2007
This post expands upon my previous post outlining EuroPython 2007 conference. Sessions attended, sorely missed and topics to investigate further are detailed below.
An overview of each session and links to any available resources can be found by clicking the title of the session. This post will also contain personal techie notes that I made during each session.
Sessions I would like to have attended but, mostly due to timetable clashes, could not attend.
- Object databases for Python by Mr. Mr. FRANZ, Marku
- Zope on a Paste by Mr. Philipp VON WEITERSHAUSEN
- Silva 2.0 by Mr. Kit BLAKE (Infrae)
by Mr. Kit BLAKE (Infrae)
Point overs Plone CMS:
- Likes hierarchy
- Nested sub sites
- Authentication TTW
- Has a zip import feature
- Plans to support import via Open Office
By Mr. Christian THEUNE
by Gustavo NIEMEYER (Canonical)
Client-side clustering & managing of multiple databases. Each store has its own connection cache
- SQLAlchemy [Look into further]
Look up: DBAPI
by Max ISCHENKO
Things to investigate further
- ACID (transactions)
- Eggs (packaged up python modules/packages?)
- S5 (Presentation software??)